23 Affirmations For A Fresh Start In Your Relationships
23 Affirmations For A Fresh Start In Your Relationships:
For as long as I can remember, whether it was at home or at church, there’s been a recurring theme of a simple reminder, “The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy.” —That includes our relationships.
Our relationships are more than just the gratification we get from spending time with someone. Healthy relationships provide a sense of stability, safety, peace, comfort, quality, enjoyment, fulfillment, and so on.
When we begin to recognize a fundamental breakdown in the relationships that matter most, it can feel as if our whole world is falling apart.
Sometimes it happens because of circumstances beyond our control, other times, it’s in response to a crisis, and sometimes it’s just negligence plain and simple.
Regardless of the source, there are some people and relationships that are heaven sent and those are the ones worth praying for, fighting for, and speaking life into.
The enemy knows good and well how powerful the gift of connection is, and he’ll do anything he can to test us.
Remember, nothing stays the same. Things change and there are healthy ways to move forward without setting ourselves up for the possible disappointment of things never going back to the way they were.
Maybe things are different with your mom or dad, or a best friend, or a loved one, or you and your partner. It can happen in any relationship, and as painful as it might be, if you genuinely believe that this relationship is one that should withstand the test of time, it would be worth it to get in the habit of doing a reset regularly to help offset the reality of what we are experiencing.
We’re going to start off with a prayer because more and more I’m seeing that when all else fails I take a step back and realize I probably should have been praying in the first place.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to thank you for your love, thank you for your grace, thank you for the opportunity to do life with you. Lord I pray that in this moment you see my heart. That you see my pain. That you see the challenges we are facing and that you are knitting together the very thing that seems to have fallen apart.
Father I trust you to restore my relationship with _____ that it will be better and stronger than ever before. That we will be sensitive to one another and recognize what a gift it is to have each other. That we will seek out the support we need to be the best versions of ourselves, operate from a place of compassion, understanding, and sincere forgiveness.
Help us to rebuild in a way that feels genuine and authentic. Help us to keep you at the center of our lives, to see things how you see things, and make decisions as a reflection of you.
Thank you in advance for a new foundation. A new beginning. A fresh start. I trust you. I love you. I put my faith in you. Amen.
One of my favorite quotes until the end of time is, “Be kind. You never know what someone is going through, be kind.”
Carry that in your heart, soul, and mind.
Breathe in the good. Breathe out the bad. (Repeat x 3)
- I am a thoughtful person.
- I am thoughtful with the words I say.
- I am thoughtful with the things I do.
- I am loving. I am kind. I am strong.
- I set healthy boundaries in my relationships.
- I operate from a place of compassion.
- I see beyond myself, my needs, and my desires.
- I have a healthy way of being sensitive to the needs of the loved ones in my life.
- I seek out healthy ways to protect my mental, emotional, and physical health.
- The enemy has no place in my mind or heart.
- I will not let anger, jealously, frustration, or disappointment get the best of me and my relationships.
- I know the difference between a relationship worth fighting for and a relationship worth letting go. God has given me a peace that surpasses all understanding to decipher between the two.
- I make decisions in a thoughtful way and not based off of emotion or frustrations in the moment.
- I am open to change.
- I embrace a new beginning in my relationship with ______.
- I am thankful for ______.
- The Lord is doing an amazing thing in my relationship with ______.
- Everything that the enemy has taken away will be restored and blessed over and abundantly.
- Fear does not dictate my thoughts.
- Worry you are not welcome here.
- It’s a new season. It’s a new day.
- I trust God’s promises for my family, for my relationships, for the vision I have for my life.
- I rebuke anything that is inconsistent with God’s best for me and my loved ones.
Want to get my affirmations delivered to your inbox? Be sure to subscribe and get a copy of my new book Speak Those Things ❤️