Coffey Break Chat: 30 Taught Me
30 Taught Me
1. Always speak up. Even if you think it’s too late or that you’ve waited too long. It’s never too late.
2. Some days will suck —like beyond comprehension, and it may feel like everything is falling apart. You’ll cry real tears, and it will seem completely overwhelming in that moment. Bounce back. Choose to bounce back. It is the hardest/best part —being able to look back and say, I took control of that situation. I found the sunshine after the storm.
3. Don’t panic. God is in control. He’s working it out in your favor —even when you can’t see it in the natural. Even when you think that no should have been a yes. He hasn’t let you down yet. Trust Him to show you the way.
4. Your home is your sanctuary. Fill it up with a ton of plants, and beautiful things, and reminders of home and your loved ones. It should be your favorite place —if you’re not head over heels in love with it yet, it just needs a little more time. The best things take time.
5. Love is the best. Being in love is the absolute best. Your partner should be your best friend. Through the good and the bad and everything in between, they’ll be there by your side making you laugh, wiping your tears, listening to your hopes and dreams, cheering you on, and supporting you each and every step of the way.
6. It doesn’t make you weak or less independent coming to the realization that it’s the best thing —having someone to do life with. Letting someone be there for you, down for you, there to fill in the gaps. Don’t resent it. Don’t abuse it. Cherish it. It’s so special.
7. Be intentional. Be specific. Never settle for less than the vision.
8. Vision is different than a want or a desire. It’s a God gift —the mental picture of our calling and purpose.
9. You can try to run from your calling. You can’t outrun your calling. You finally get tired of running, stop, look next to you and there it is with a quick wave and a big goofy grin waiting for you to finally say let’s give it a try (or in my case, let’s try this again).
10. Don’t compare yourself or your journey to anyone else, ever. That’s easier said than done, I know. So if you start to do it, catch yourself and stop it mid-thought. Don’t go down the rabbit hole. It’s a trap. Commit to celebrating you. Build on that
11. Take calculated risks. I’d be lying if I said I was a full blown risk taker, I’m not, but when I get the gut feeling to take a leap of faith, I go for it. Do it scared. Give it 100% make it happen.
12. Aim high, and then aim a little higher. You don’t know how much you can actually handle + manage until you try.
13. Deadlines are your second best friend. Put yourself on a shot-clock to achieve whatever that goal is. It tricks your brain into survival mode. Hit the ground running and watch the Lord blow you away.
14. You’re the younger version of the person you dream of being. It’s already in motion. Look around you. Even if it may not seem like it at times. Let yourself take it all in. The best is yet to come.
15. Pray first, for everything. That job, your relationship, that move. Pray first. He’ll filter out the good from the bad and create opportunities you wouldn’t have even considered. Make sure he’s a part of the equation even if you think you’ve got it.
16. Celebrate the wins big and small. You’re on the way to each and everything you’ve been believing and dreaming for. You have what it takes to get there. It’s all coming together. Enjoy the ride.