26 Affirmations For Disappointment, Unmet Expectations, and Clarity
26 Affirmations For Disappointment, Unmet Expectations, and Clarity:
The last few weeks (🤔years? haha) have been a crash course in faith. Last night, as I got ready for bed this thought resonated with me: There are no blind spots with prayer. Yes, God loves us, but most importantly, He knows us.
He knows what keeps us up at night. He knows our insecurities. He knows our gifts and talents. He sees our hearts. He knows our secrets. He listens when we cry out. He knows the words we can’t quite figure out how to say. And above all, he knows what need.
One of the toughest parts of committing to trust God is still continuing to do so when it seems He’s reroute your plans. It is really difficult to think you have a clarity about a decision, or a person, or an opportunity only for God to step in and say that’s not what I have for you, trust me.
Having said all that, there are few things I love more than being on the same page as my people, and sometimes we get out of sync, especially with God.
Whenever something doesn’t play out the way I would have hoped or expected I throw myself into this hyper analysis of how I could have misread the situation. What cues I missed and so on, and I’d say that 90% of the time I realize that I didn’t really include sincere prayer for direction or guidance around whatever it was.
I genuinely believe that when we ask God to order our steps He honors that. Regardless of whether or not we’ve prioritized seeking Him first.
Today’s affirmations are all about hitting a reset and leaning into the promises God has for us, especially when we’re hurting.
It’s time to bounce back. Let’s begin.
Close your eyes. Dismiss any distracting thoughts. Anything that didn’t get done yesterday or needs to get done today can wait for now.
Breathe in the good, breathe out the bad. (Repeat x 3)
1. Father God I trust you
2. I trust you in the good times
3. I trust you in the bad times
4. You have blessed me with giftings and talents only I posses.
5. I am working towards my full potential
6. I exercise gratitude over frustration
7. I choose positive thoughts over negative thoughts
8. I surround myself with people who lift me up and encourage me
9. I take captive any feelings of disappointment
10. I will commit to reminding myself of all the times it has all worked out in my favor in the end
11. If it hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not the end (Repeat x2)
12. This is a new season
13. My energy sets the tone of my day, my interactions, and my thoughts, so I am intentional about my mood, my temperament, and the vibes I send out
14. I take ownership in getting clarity on the life I want and the future I see for myself
15. I know what it is I want to attract and it is making its way to me
16. I will not let disappointment prevent me from pushing forward with a positive mindset and outlook
17. I speak life into the things I am believing for until they become a reality
18. Negativity has no place in my heart, soul, or mind
19. I give the hurt, the pain, any feelings of anxiousness, and disappointment to you Lord
20. I trust you with my heart
21. I trust you with my future
22. I am living my best life
23. I trust the process
24. I embrace the journey
25. My story will be an inspiration
26. The best is yet to come
Want to get my weekly affirmations delivered straight to your inbox? Be sure to subscribe! Xoxo -Chels 💋